Wedding season is upon us and Piccolo Trattoria Catering recently released an infographic highlighting some of the costs, facts and other interesting statistics related to wedding catering. If you are you newly engaged or planning a wedding, this infographic will help you determine some of the many expected costs involved with wedding catering.
Wedding Catering By The Numbers
- The U.S. hosts over 2.4 million weddings every year.
- The average wedding hosts 140 guests and costs $40,350
- 50% of women find planning their wedding more stressful than they imagined, with a reported 11 hours each week spent planning.
- 56% of brides are most interested in providing excellent food at their wedding.
- 20-25% of the average catering bill will be dedicated to alcohol if you opt for an open bar reception.
- The average bride is 30 years old and the average groom is 31 years old.
- 28% of weddings include a dessert bar for guests to indulge in, along with the wedding cake!
- The average price spent on each guest has increased from $194 in 2009, up to $220 per person in 2013.
- The number of after wedding parties increased 11.5% in just one year.
- Just behind the bride’s dress, catering and reception location are of top importance during the wedding planning process.
- 20% of couples now choose cocktails that represent their personalities to be served at their wedding reception.
- The average price for a wedding cake is $386.
- The most expensive U.S. location to get married in is New York City, where the average wedding costs $86,916!